Monday, May 09, 2005

A PUBLIC NOTICE

For the record, my column no longer appears in the Searcy Daily Citizen. Editor Philip Holsinger has told me that it won't, unless I deal with issues specifically affecting White County.

This has never been a condition of my writing for the paper, nor was any such notice ever given, verbally or otherwise.

If anyone cares to comment on that, I'd suggest doing it to the Publisher, Mike Murphy. Just e-mail mmurphy@thedailycitizen.com .

Now that I have that out of my system ... this note to the Class of '55:

At this moment, it looks quite probable that, on your 50th Reunion Day, May 28th, I’ll be in a car somewhere between here and Central Ohio.

That being the case, I won’t be able to attend your “Friends of the Class” Reception out at Eagleview between 3 and 5.

What I’d like to ask is that any of you taking pictures of the two-day event, PLEASE put me on your e-mail distribution list. Wherever possible, give me names as either photo names or in the e-mail.

Send it all to me at my new e-mail address: tompry@gmail.com .

If I DO miss you, I’ll deeply regret it. I felt very close to many of you, and hope you felt the same about me.

As the next best thing to seeing all of you in person, I hope to see you in photos. I’ll see they end up both here on this site, and on http://groups.msn.com/searcymemories .

Have one helluva good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home