Friday, June 10, 2005

THE BULLETIN BOARD

(Originally run 11/19/03 on the old site)

Elois Bleidt Pelton on Paula Windsor

Paula, do you remember when you took several of us in your new Studebaker car to the band picnic at Morris school? You drove behind the indoor swimming pool … and drove into this huge hole, which swallowed the entire car, with us in it.

Eloise Bleidt (1956) Posted by Hello

They had to get a crane to lift the car -- and us -- out of it...I still think about that and can't stop laughing! I even have a scar on my knee from the car seat back as the car plunged into that hole...it was really funny!

Harold Sullivan on Punky Caldwell

By accident, I met Punky on the street in Minneapolis in the late ‘60s or early ’70s. I worked for Honeywell in Seattle, but spent a lot of time back at Honeywell’s “Mecca.” (It used to be named the Minneapolis-Honeywell Regulator Company). Anyway, I was walking down the street and recognized him; he was going into one of the downtown music joints. He didn’t remember me but, of course, he remembered my brother, A.J.

I think he was married at the time. He had a band, and his picture was on the billboard at the entrance.

I never did get back to hear his band.

I believe Punky’s weight problem was caused be some medicine he took as a child. He was not expected to live very long, so he was allowed to do just about what he wanted in school. And about all he wanted to do was play his music.

I’m sort of hazy on all that, but that is the way I remember it.

Don Thompson

Sorry - I said Tommy Killough, and it was Larry in the 1952 All State Band photo.

More as I get it, folks. –tlp-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home