Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Little Known Contributions made by Parents



Brenda Lape sent the following paragraph years ago... Mary Kay James just now found it as a Draft, so here it is: 
The Searcy Tin Shop
Many of our parents made contributions in Searcy in ways the general public never knew.

I have enjoyed this... all the emails about times past in Searcy. I am sure you all remember that my Dad had the Searcy Tin Shop. His shop was close to downtown before he moved out on East Race. My Dad died over 20 years ago, but when I go back to Searcy, I see part of him all over town....the Rialto sign, (also, the old Drive In sign, but it's gone now), the Methodist Church steeple, the heating and air conditioning ducts I see in the Benson Auditorium when I have attended lectures. If there are any older homes or businesses or schools with gutters and heating/air conditioning ducts they were probably made by my Dad's business. Probably in a lot of your homes too in Searcy. The arch that goes into the cemetery on Moore Street was also made by him and numerous other cemeteries through out the county. So when you go by those things...think of me too.

Sent in by Brenda Lape

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful comment, Brenda. And I'll certainly think of your dad when I see his work in Searcy! Thank you.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home