Wednesday, October 25, 2006

NAMES FROM THE PAST …


… FACES FROM THE PRESENT

Tom Pry

Editor Emeritus

While covering the last of five William Jefferson Clinton Regional Scholarship dinners the other night (catfish from the Georgetown One-Stop, served in the Exhibition Hall at the County Fairgrounds), I ran across a couple of people I haven’t seen for awhile, and I’ll bet you haven’t, either.

TA-TA! State Senator John Paul Capps and his lovely wife, Elizabeth Vaughn Capps (Class of ’55).

John Paul spent 26 years as a State Representative before going to the upper house four years ago. I asked him if that 26 years was a record. His reply: “I don’t think it’s a record, but I’m sure I’m up there in the top two or three.”

Thought you’d like to see ‘em again; I’m glad I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home