Saturday, December 24, 2005

CHRISTMAS ROUNDUP

Gene Barnett

Merry Christmas to all. May this be the best Christmas ever and wish you all a wonderful New Year. Hope you get all the presents you ask for and all your dreams come true.

Geno

Wallace Evans

To all the SHS Graduates and others that I have come to know and communicated with over the years and especially while in Searcy, AR, and Searcy High School: We wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and continued good health in 2006.

Hope the SHS 1954 Graduates can get together for another reunion in Searcy for a 55th. The 50th was a real "blast" and "awesome" too.

Wallace and Myrna Evans ( Bella Vista, AR) and son Jonathan (Detroit, MI)

Jim Bohannon

Hello Tom,

I just happened to find your Searcy Yesterday website. My congratulations to whomever, decided to put it together. Great site! I presume it was you. And very glad that I did find the site. Now, it gives me another computer/activity to do in my retirement spare time.

I enjoyed reading about the many old (and good, I might add), "Searcy High School" memories of and about the 1950's. It was a pleasure to read about my former class member, Dan Randle. Great to know he is well and living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. "Hello, Dan." Good, too, to re-hear from Ernie Simpson, Elois Bleidt Pelton, Clifton Wiggs, Coy Benton and others whom I recall visiting with during our 40th high school reunion in 1997. "Hello to all my 1957 class mates" and others who were a few years before and after 1957.

Again, great to read about you. God bless you all.

Happy Holidays (and yes, Merry Christmas!) No political correctness here and I’m sure you, too, feel the same way! A happy 2006 to all. Retired from State and Federal service. Living in Searcy during the winter and Northern Virginia in the Summer. I guess you could call me-- what's the term? “Snowbird." We'll stop at that, ok?
e-mail: borger47@aol.com

Best Regards, Jim Bohannon, Searcy High School Class of 1957

Dan E. Randle

CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE DISTURBED

* 1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?

* 2. Multiple Personality Disorder --- We Three Kings Disoriented Are

* 3. Dementia --- I Think I'll be Home for Christmas

* 4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

* 5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....

* 6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

* 7. Borderline Personality Disorder --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

* 8. Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

* 9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent night, Holy oooh look at the froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

* 10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder --Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, ? ?

Mary Kathryn Van Patten James

“First Security Bank's Gold Club returned recently from twenty days in Australia and New Zealand. Thirty nine Gold Club members visited Melbourne, Ayers Rock and Alice Springs in the outback of Australia, Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef and sang as a group in the concert hall of the Sydney Opera House. After a private dinner they attended the Symphony concert which included Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, Ode to Joy.

“During their week in New Zealand they visited Christchurch, Queenstown, Mt Cook, the Franz Joseph Glacier and a working sheep and dairy farm.”

Mary Kay leads a tough life. If you’ll take a close look at the second row from the top, second person from the left, there she is. This, of course, in addition to such exotic places as the Clinton Library, Kenya … Mary Kay’s job is shepherding these little Gold Club trips.

As I said, tough life. –tlp-

Warren Darden

???????????????????? Memo from Santa ??????????????????????????

I regret to inform you that, effective immediately, I will no longer serve Georgia, Florida, West Virginia, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Arizona, Texas, Ohio or Alabama on Christmas Eve.

Due to the overwhelming current population of the earth, my contract was renegotiated by North American Fairies and Elves Local 209. As part of the new and better contract, I also get longer breaks for milk and cookies. so keep that in mind.

However, I'm certain that your children will be in good hands with your local replacement, who happens to be my third cousin, Bubba Claus.

His side of the family is from the South Pole. He shares my goal of delivering toys to all the good boys and girls; however, there are a few differences between us, differences such as:

1. There is no danger of the Grinch stealing your presents from Bubba Claus. He has a gun rack on his sleigh and a bumper sticker that reads: "These toys insured by Smith and Wesson."

2. Instead of milk and cookies, Bubba Claus prefers that children leave RC cola and pork rinds (or a Moon Pie) on the fireplace. And Bubba doesn't smoke a pipe. He dips a little snuff, so please have an empty spit can handy.

3. Bubba Claus' sleigh is pulled by floppy-eared, flyin' coon dogs instead of reindeer. I made the mistake of loaning him a couple of my reindeer one time, and Blitzen's head now overlooks Bubba's fireplace.

4. You won't hear "On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner, and Blitzen..." when Bubba Claus arrives.. Instead, you'll hear, "On Earnhardt, on Andretti, on Elliott and Petty."

5. "Ho, Ho, Ho" has been replaced by "Yee Haw" And you also are likely to hear Bubba's elves respond, "I her'd dat"

6. As required by Southern highway laws, Bubba Claus' sleigh does have a Yosemite Sam safety triangle on the back with the words "Back Off."

7. The usual Christmas movie classics such as "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life" will not be shown in your negotiated viewing area. Instead, you'll see "Boss Hogg Saves Christmas" and "Smokey and the Bandit IV" featuring Burt Reynolds as Bubba Claus and
dozens of state patrol cars crashing into each other.

And Finally,

8. Bubba Claus doesn't wear a belt. If I were you, I'd make sure you, the wife, and the kids turn the other way when he bends over to put presents under the tree.

Ernie Simpson

At the Hytrol Christmas party last Sunday the 11th, it was good to go back as a retiree. This is Ruth Poston, dear friend and daughter of the late founder, Tom Loberg. Bill Hawthorne, my boss up till retirement, and my treasure, Shelia. I'll be glad to get my hair back: I have to wear a jacket to keep my head warm! haha. Over 1900 at the party this year.


And then Ernie sent along a poem that we’ve received from several people. The prettiest version came from Don and Paula Anne Windsor Thompson, and we herewith share it with you, and for all the same reasons:

My Christmas List
I have a list of folks all written in a book and. every time at Christmas, I go and take a look,
And that is when I realize that these names are a part
Not of the book they’re written in, but of my very heart.
And while you may not be aware of one special link
Just knowing you has shaped my life more than you could think.
For once you’ve met somebody, the years cannot erase
The memory of a pleasant word, or of a friendly face.
So never think my Christmas greeting is just a mere routine
Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between.
And every year when Christmas comes, I realize anew
The biggest gift that can be given is knowing friends like you.
And may the spirit of Christmas that forever and ever endures
Leave its richest blessings in the heart of you and yours.

(Author Unknown)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home