Saturday, April 22, 2006

REUNION NEWS

Elizabeth Vaughn Capps

Our class of ā€™55 is getting together at the Rib Crib on East Race in Searcy at 11:00 on Saturday, April 29th. Dutch treat. Can you put this on your blog?

You mean like that? -tlp-

Mary Katherine Van Patten James

Hello,

So far I have heard from:

Clydell Neal..... NO....she called me on Easter afternoon at home. She will not be coming to the reunion. She said she had a "medical condition." I asked if I could come by and see her some time? She said yes, but call first. She does not answer her door because of some of her neighbors. .....

Betty Jo Taylor Emerson, class of 1955... will NOT be coming, but wishes us all well!

I just got the following in response YES visiting in afternoon, to my invitation from Edith Dodson Gillham to those with email in the 1955 class.... from Elizabeth Capps note to me. (Duhh run on sentence!)

Hi, I would love to see ole classmates, so I will be there. See you there.
Edith (Dodson) Gillham

Marvin Sowell

Mary Kay, Got your invitation. Thanks. Naturally I remember a lot about the class of 56.
We were up there for the '55 reunion last year, and really enjoyed seeing all those "old" people again.

We're going to 'Vegas the last week of June to the Wurzburg Germany H.S.reunion, (my wife taught there in the late 70's & early 80's) so we probably can't make it to Searcy July 1.

Best wishes to all,
Marvin & Jan....

What precipitated all this was a notice from Mary Kay that read, in part:

Hello SHS class of 1955.

I am giving each of you a special invitation to the afternoon session of our SHS 1956 Class Reunion this summer on SATURDAY AFTERNOON, July 1, 2006, at EagleView Catering, 100 Eagle View Drive, Searcy, AR. Please make your arrangements to attend this event! We would love to see you!!!

We will have finger food and cold drinks between 1:30 and 4:00 p.m. and LOTS of visiting.

Let me hear from you.

Other classes invited, too. Iā€™d like to see a few from the classes of ā€™54 and ā€˜57, for instance. Come one, come all! -tlp-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home