Saturday, May 20, 2006

A BRIEF NOTE

(a) I think we're getting into a new round of wars between Microsoft and Google, the Browser Wars.

The browsers in question are Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, the former owned by Uncle Bill Gates, the latter by those wonderful folks out in Silicon Valley.

I suddenly find myself in a position where I can't use just one to access everything I need to access. Developers put together web sites to be "maximized" in a particular browser. This is, unfortunately, leading to situations where, for instance, stuff I post here on Searcy Yesteryear doesn't really start until WAY down the page ... if I seek it in Internet Explorer, which is what most of you have. In Firefox, on the other hand, it's right where it belongs.

Note: Blogger (aka Blogspot) is owned by Google, which also owns Firefox. Does this give you a clue?

Then I have another location (don't ask) where, on Firefox, it sez I don't exist. Internet Explorer slides me right in.

It's going to get worse before it gets better, folks.

In the meantime, my apologies to everyone caught in the crossfire.

(b) Today is Heritage Day in Searcy. Among other things, we'll have Anita Hart Fuller portraying Margarete Neel over at the Legion Hut. As you may recall, Margarete was the Searcian chosen as the Red Cross "poster girl" back in 1945.


If I get pictures, look for them tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home