Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ann Snodgrass wrote:

Hello, Billy and Irvin.

Irvin, do you remember when we were little kids that before our Uncle Ursell and Aunt Pearl built their house north of our grandparents, they lived in a smaller house to the west of our grandparents? And they all lived just a few houses down East Vine Street from Mady Armstrong's house.

I remember my mother telling me not to make fun of Mady, that she was smart and as knowledgeable as a botanist about plants. Don't recall her saying anything about Mady chasing girls in shorts, though!

Maybe our Aunt Pearl could shed some light on Mady and her background? Maybe your daddy would remember.

There was a Nelson family that lived on the corner by Mady. Their daughter, Doris Ella was in high school with me, but I think she's a year or two younger. Is she around? Could she help with the research project?

Take care,

Ann

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Benz said...

I don't know if she was a botanist or not, but she certainly had a lot of trees, bushes, and whatever growing in her yard.
bb

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Harold Gene Sullivan:


My brother, A.J., reminded me that Mady Armstrong regularly gave flowers for the alter at the First Methodist Church but I never remember her attending a service there.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home